May 20, 2012

Chris' Birthday!!

So for Chris' birthday I decided I wanted to do something really special for him and that would mean a lot. I did a bunch of looking and I finally found two ideas that I liked a lot so I mixed them and did both!

52 reasons why I love you!!
The first part was a normal deck of cards that I had made into a fun gift. I took the deck and printed off 52 reason why I love Chris and put them on each of the cards and used binder rings to hold the cards together. I wanted to make it my own so I decorated the cards.
(I used a different kinda deck cause I didn't want a normal one.)

All about you basket
I saw this idea and I just thought it was adorable. A lady made a list of what she loved about her husband and then got a basket and picked a few to make a gift outta. That's where I got the idea of using the cards to tie in with this gift. So I picked some of my favorites and made a gift baskets full of stuff. 
#18. You take me to hockey games
(The hockey season was over so I made a cute rain check!)
#39. You have a great bubble butt.
(I got him some bubbles, it was just a playful thing to throw in there)
#42. We don't always have to spend money to have fun.
(Chris really needed a new wallet so I loved this one. I got him a Flyers wallet and filled it with cute notes and such! He loved it!!) 
#1. You are my best friend.
(I love that Chris is truly my best friend and we have so much fun together. I got a picture stand and I put a fun picture of us in it.)
#34. You share your clothes with me.
(Chris always lets me wear his clothes and I love it! I got him a new outfit for this one. He looks adorable in it)
#7. You love to fish.
(Chris is a big fisher and I love it! I know he will probably never use this but it's more the thought that counts.)

 #28. You have the all time best smile.
(I got him a little mouth wash and tooth paste. This one was just another fun one! I am crazy about the kids smile!! It's the best)
#36. You love pasta.
(Chris' favorite food is pasta so I decided to get him makings for one and make him dinner with it.)
#14 you like to kick your feet up and have a few drinks.
(Chris' favorite drink is jack and coke but he already had a lot of that so I decided to get him so Jose Cuervo and some mix because he loves the Jose Cuervo song! I love that he likes to have a few drinks but only at appropriate times.)
 #25. You light up my life.
(I got him a flash light that is his favorite color)
#49. You have a cute love for peanut butter.
(Haha I think Chris could live off of this stuff so I just got him a jar of it)
#51. You are very handsome.
(I don't know why I didn't get a picture of this but I took a piece of a mirror glued it on some paper and wrote "look here" and such.) 
#24. You play a killer game of hockey.
#31. You love my crafty things.
(I just had that one the entire gift) 
 (I didn't get a picture of this one either but I got him a hockey puck and wrote cute things all over it)
I also got him some more rain checks but I didn't take pictures :/
#16. You love country music.
(We are going to see Toby Keith on June 14th)
#33. You watch movies with me.
(I offered to pay for the next few Red Boxes because we watch SO many)
#44. Your feet are the only feet I have ever liked, they are adorable.
(I'm buying him some shoes but I needed him to be there so I just made a rain check for it)
(The box I put it all in)
Chris loved his gift! I felt so good about it as well. It was a lot of fun to do and I highly suggest doing something like it :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment