March 26, 2012

A dream come true!!

Here I go bragging again! So March 24, 2012, was such an amazing day. It started off with my interview at The Olive Garden, well at the interview I immediately got the job!! I start Saturday and I am really excited for it. After Chris came and got me to go to the Festival Of Colors!! The traffic on the way there was horrible.... We left at about 1ish and got there at 3:40sh. It was so much fun though, Chris and I got in a really big color fight and people joined in!!  Chris got me pretty good!! 
 After the Festival Of Colors we went to a cute little diner up the road! They had great food and I am glad we decided to stop there. Chris' surprise!! Chris kept saying after the festival he had a surprise for me but he wouldn't tell me what it was. Finally he told me, he was taking me to The Hot Springs!! I have never been and he knows that I have been wanting to go for along time.We hiked up there when it was getting dark and got thhere at the perfect time!! We got to go to a spot that was away from everyone else and on the other side of the river. It was so beautiful!! We had the river going around us and a waterfall to look at while sitting in a "hot tub".
 So we stayed up there for a really long time. When we were leaving to hike up there, there was this family of like 6 or 7 heading up at the same time. Both Chris and I though it was crazy cause it was starting to get dark. Well they got up there when we had been there for along time already. They stayed for like 5 minutes. We left like 20 minutes after them. Family in need of help!! We ended up just catching up to the mom who had a baby on her back and was with a little boy about 5. She stopped us and told Chris that she would pay him 50 dollars to carry her son down the mountain. Chris told her that he would carry him down for free. So Chris went to put the little boy (Ben) up on his back. The little boy threw a fit and wouldn't let him carry hin. So the lady said that maybe their little girl would let them. SO we caught up with the dad and three other kids. The little girl, Ruth who was about 3 let Chris carry her. She was so sweet it was crazy!! I felt bad for all these kids. The little boy was in shorts and a t-shirt and the little girl was wearing a skirt and tank top and it was chilly out. She ended up falling asleep in Chris' arms on the way down. I took over when we had like 10 minutes left to help Chris. I don't know how he did it for that long because ten minutes killed me. Once everyone was down and safe they kept offering us money and we refused to take it!! Well as we were leaving the guy leaned in the car to say thank you one more time and then we left! It felt so good to help that family out, they were all really nice! BUT!!!! as Chris was cleaning out his car the next day he found TWO $50's under his seat!! When the guy leaned in he must have put it in Chris' car. I feel SO bad that he did that, Chris and I didn't need to be paid to help someone out!! We were more than happy to carry them down with no pay!! Other note: I am so lucky to have Chris!! Any other guy would have taken the money! I seriously am so blessed to be with someone as amazing as Chris and I plan to stay with him so I can spend my life with someone that cares about people he doesn't even know and has a true heart! This day was one of the best days in my life, if not the best!!
I love you Chris!!


No comments:

Post a Comment